Warrick Dunn Foundation aka Warrick Dunn Charities, established the Homes for the Holidays (HFTH) program, in 1997 in Tampa, Fla.
The Warrick Dunn Foundation’s mission is provide hope and healing to communities through innovative programming inspired by our Founder’s life journey to help families thrive academically, financially and socially.
Through the Homes for the Holidays program, the organization provides the down payment on a home selected by a single parent associated with an approved non-profit affordable home ownership program.
Recipients are qualified through the non-profit programs and must complete all requirements to be eligible for consideration.
Its in-kind sponsor Aaron’s, Inc., contributes furniture for every room.
Homes are designed and staged by the organization’s staff and volunteers. With help from our partners, each home is decorated with the recipient’s preferred colors and style and always a surprise to the new home buyer.
- The program provides:
Kitchen appliances & dishes
Washers, dryers & refrigerators
Lawn & garden equipment
Fully stocked kitchen
Home decor items
- To date, Dunn has assisted 150-plus single parents and over 400 children and dependents.
- The program was expanded in 1998 to include families in Dunn’s hometown of Baton Rouge, La.
- In 2002, St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner and his wife Brenda began a partnership with the Warrick Dunn Foundation in St. Louis. Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Shelton Quarles and wife Damaris assisted in Tampa in 2004 and 2005. Quarles expanded the program in 2005 to Nashville, Tenn., his hometown.
- In 2007, the Homes for the Holidays program expanded to include families in Tallahassee, Fla. where Dunn attended Florida State University.
- In 2012, a pilot program, Betty’s Hope (children’s bereavement) was launched in Baton Rouge and operated until 2015.
The Warrick Dunn Foundation is an IRS recognized not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation.
This Spring, we will kick off the Homes for the Holidays 20th anniversary through a national media campaign celebrating the children, families, volunteers and friends who have been touched by and/or impacted our program. “We aspire to convey the message that together we can create better futures.”
Get in the spirit of giving! Enjoy Homes for the Holidays with us!