PHILANTHROGENs of Warrick Dunn Charities are community and philanthropic-focused young professionals that help facilitate brand awareness, fundraising and innovative-thought leadership for the organization.
Warrick Dunn Charities (WDC) is actively recruiting volunteers between the ages of 21-36 to join its Young Professionals committee.
Philanthrogens are passionate about philanthropy and charged with partnering closely with WDC’s Advisory Council.
Philanthrogens also assist in planning and hosting special events on behalf of the organization.
Philanthrogens provides several opportunities throughout the year for young professionals to network with experts in various industries including education, consulting, healthcare, hospitality, media, real estate and transportation to name a few! During the course of a year, Philanthrogens are equipped to enhance their professional skills through quarterly members-only training workshops led byindustry experts in the fields of communications, fundraising, leadership, and public policy/advocacy.
Each Philanthrogen can join at least one of the group’s four committees:
- Talk that Talk!(Communications Committee)
- Lead On!(Leadership Development Committee)
- Study Socials!(Special Events Committee)
- Reach Out!(Community Outreach Committee)
PHILANTHROGENs work with the established advisory committee, Board of Directors and Executive Director.
2017 LEADERSHIP TEAM: James Hammond + Ngozi Chuku, Co-Chairs
Tereance Puryear, Leadership Development Chair
Charndrea Leonard – Philanthrogens Advisor
Eligibility for Membership
Applicants must have:
- Two years of business experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience and maturity
- Experience working in a team setting
- Willingness to commit to attending PHILANTHROGENs meetings, trainings and activities
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Networking capability
All committee members are requested to commit to at least one year of service. During this period, the PHILANTHROGENs will be expected to complete all introductory training and participate in 4-6 in-person meetings per year. Must complete 25 hours of volunteer service to Warrick Dunn Charities. In-person meetings are important to the team oriented work that will be completed. The PHILANTHROGENs will also provide feedback on projects. Committee volunteers are encouraged to attend WDC events. PHILANTHROGENs are the voice and representatives of WDC within the community.
- Personal & professional development
- Opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals on philanthropic endeavors that impact
- Opportunities to network with metro executives
- Attend exclusive WDC events