- 1 can corn kernels, no sodium, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, no sodium, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper/cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese (optional)
- 2 Tbsp green onions or fresh herbs (chives or
basil, thinly sliced
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap. Rinse red bell pepper and rub with a paper towel.
- In a colander, rinse black beans and corn to remove canning liquid. This is especially important if you
couldn’t find salt-free varieties.
- Dice red bell pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, black beans and bell pepper.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine vegetable oil, lime juice, and spices. Drizzle over corn-black bean-
pepper medley and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle cheese and sliced onions or herbs on top.
Recipe from UGA Farm Fresh and Fast