The Homes for the Holidays Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Program Manager with the planning and implementation of the Homes for the Holidays program.
The ideal candidate is a business savvy individual with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and in writing, detail-oriented, dedicated to quality, research and organizational skills, committed to finishing tasks and ready to take on new challenges.
Candidate should have a strong academic record in business, public relations, interior design, nonprofit management, and/or communications. The intern should be professional and possess a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and provide a positive and informed image of WDC and its mission in the communities it serves.
- Assist in administrative duties and program operations
- Draft copy to be used in various print and electronic materials
- Respond to emails and phone calls regarding support services programs
- Assist with support services programing, including:
- Developing project timelines;
- Developing individual room designs and vision boards for each project;
- Coordination of project logistics including furniture orders, home fill and décor shopping, decorating, and presentations;
- Updating program materials and resources for recipient welcome packet;
- Overseeing project volunteers.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe
- Highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel multiple weeks a semester (expenses covered by WDC)
This is a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in the nonprofit industry while building your professional portfolio. If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to Nancy Mulholland at nmulholland[email protected]
|Time Frame||Summer 2019|
|Commitment||2-3 days/week, minimum of 10 hours/week; some travel may be required - dependent on the Homes for the Holidays program schedule.|
|Location Of Internship||Atlanta, GA|