Homes for the Holidays Program Assistant Internship
Improving Lives / Instilling Hope / Inspiring Communities
The Homes for the Holidays Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Program Manager with the planning and implementation of the Homes for the Holidays program.
The ideal candidate is a business savvy individual with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and in writing, detail-oriented, dedicated to quality, research and organizational skills, committed to finishing tasks and ready to take on new challenges.
Candidate should have a strong academic record in business, public relations, interior design, nonprofit management, and/or communications. The intern should be professional and possess a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and provide a positive and informed image of WDC and its mission in the communities it serves.
- Assist in administrative duties and program operations
- Draft copy to be used in various print and electronic materials
- Respond to emails and phone calls regarding support services programs
- Assist with support services programing, including:
- Developing project timelines;
- Developing individual room designs and vision boards for each project;
- Coordination of project logistics including furniture orders, home fill and décor shopping, decorating, and presentations;
- Updating program materials and resources for recipient welcome packet;
- Overseeing project volunteers.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe
- Highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel multiple weeks a semester (expenses covered by WDC)
This is a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in the nonprofit industry while building your professional portfolio. If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to Nancy Mulholland at [email protected]
|Commitment||2-3 days/week, minimum of 10 hours/week; some travel may be required - dependent on the Homes for the Holidays program schedule.|
|Location Of Internship||Atlanta, GA|