The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Program Manager with the planning and implementation of support services and developing ongoing participant relationships.
The ideal candidate is a business savvy individual with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and in writing, detail-oriented, dedicated to quality, research and organizational skills, committed to finishing tasks and ready to take on new challenges.
Candidate should have a strong academic record in business, public relations, human services/social work, nonprofit management, and/or communications. The intern should be professional and possess a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently and provide a positive and informed image of WDC and its mission in the communities it serves.
- Assist in administrative duties and program operations
- Draft copy to be used in various print and electronic materials
- Respond to emails and phone calls regarding support services programs
- Assist with support services programming, including:
- Develop workshop timelines;
- Coordination of vendors/facilitators;
- Event registration and PR;
- Coordination of event logistics;
- Updating or developing pre/post surveys to collect program data;
- Overseeing project volunteers;
- Coordination of all pre and post-event communication.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe
- Highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
This is a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in the nonprofit industry while building your professional portfolio. If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to Nancy Mulholland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Commitment||2-3 days/week, minimum of 10 hours/week|
|Location Of Internship||Atlanta, GA|